[Samuel Beckett]









































I recently completed this artwork at Acklam Village under the Westway at Portobello Road. I was asked to do it by Scraffer, amongst other artists including Inkie and David Shillinglaw.

I decided to do a tape version of the Samuel Beckett sketch I did a while ago (It's also the design of one of my stickers). Once I'd drawn the piece with electrical tape I sprayed the whole thing black and peeled it off to create the negative-space. It's like an inverse stencil or something. I plan to do a lot more of these I think it's pretty interesting.

The artworks were completed as part of the Salon Des Refuses exhibition, which opened last night and is running until this Sunday on Portobello road.

(Bottom photo copyright of Arlen Figgis 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment